In this African tribe, when someone does something harmful, they take the person to the center of the village where the whole tribe comes and surrounds them.
For two days, they will say to the man all the good things that he has done.
The tribe believes that each human being comes into the world as a good. Each one of us only desiring safety, love, peace and happiness.
But sometimes, in the pursuit of these things, people make mistakes.
The community sees those mistakes as a cry for help.
They unite then to lift him, to reconnect him with his true nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth of which he had been temporarily disconnected: “I am good.”
NABAJYOTISAIKIA, is a compliment used in South Africa and means: “I respect you, I cherish you. You matter to me.” In response, people say SHIKOBA, which is: “So, I exist for you.”
WHY ISN’T THIS A THING IN ALL CULTURES
some day I’m going to create a bingo card for these kinds of posts.
- vague mention of “Africa” and “African tribe” with no actual names of tribes, countries, or languages, because Africa is a country and everyone there is exactly the same obv: check.
- picture of smiling/emotional black people taken completely out of context: check.
- made-up “African” words with deep meanings: check.
- "noble savage" grossness out the wazoo: check.
this photo is a picture of Ghanaian boys playing soccer from Amen: Grassroots Football.
Initial googling says that Shikoba means “feather” in Choctaw, which would mean OP isn’t even on the right damn continent.
(When I look at Choctaw-English dictionaries, though, shikoba doesn’t show up at all; the word for feather seems to be “híshi.” “Shikobli” is a verb meaning “to put on a plume” so maybe there’s some conjugation or gerund going on here? I’d welcome any corrections from actual Choctaw speakers.)
Nabajyoti Saikia is someone’s name. OP just straight-up stole some poor Indian cement chemist’s name for their colonialist hippie bullshit.
Look at this dude. He didn’t spend years of his life writing a goddamn textbook on waste management strategies so that you could use his name to prop up this crock of shit. He’s disappointed in you. Do better.
This is some disgusting orientalistic bullshit, my god.
(via mygayshoes)Source: enigmatic-being
- whimpering likes this
- queerical reblogged this from pinkhairedlesbianadventures
- fallingoffthesun reblogged this from solarcomplexities
- vespertine-vagabond reblogged this from zigzagzoon
- asabebori reblogged this from thatnigeriankid
- somewhere-in-nevverlandd reblogged this from misspelledlife
- jackoffjosh reblogged this from some-prick
- effyuseekay likes this
- nich0lle likes this
- pinkfurcoat likes this
- mist-and-smaug likes this
- larvalhex likes this
- glitchyb reblogged this from nitrohoudini
- blckwell reblogged this from performance-sofa
- ooshoosh likes this
- lil-reina likes this
- creepers-and-corn likes this
- ne-ne-bastard reblogged this from children-of-the-potatoes
- manic-pixiefangirl reblogged this from shipping-from-the-afterlife
- hav-frue likes this
- tittysmuggler reblogged this from noitemsfoxonlyfinaldestination and added:
- annielilybud likes this
- honestlyspiffy likes this
- pippinstark likes this
- number9625 reblogged this from mylifeisonlymildlyawesome
- twomatrix reblogged this from nintendogayboy
- maisonmartinmarijuana likes this
- bindtogether reblogged this from misspelledlife
- beetlebin likes this
- zodiacbaby likes this
- missblackamerika likes this
- zigzagzoon reblogged this from iheartmoonlight
- children-of-the-potatoes reblogged this from iheartmoonlight
- shipping-from-the-afterlife likes this
- cessze reblogged this from the-green-lighter
- neutralc likes this
- shipping-from-the-afterlife reblogged this from kitsunelenali
- tearsfortulips reblogged this from lovinglivingjustexisting
- misspelledlife reblogged this from mine-for-a-night
- cessze likes this
- seiras reblogged this from thehazyrealmmotel
- iguessthatscool likes this
- catbattles likes this
- yuukoxichihara likes this
- quitequiteblue likes this
- colormegraffiti likes this
- seiras likes this