In this African tribe, when someone does something harmful, they take the person to the center of the village where the whole tribe comes and surrounds them.
For two days, they will say to the man all the good things that he has done.
The tribe believes that each human being comes into the world as a good. Each one of us only desiring safety, love, peace and happiness.
But sometimes, in the pursuit of these things, people make mistakes.
The community sees those mistakes as a cry for help.
They unite then to lift him, to reconnect him with his true nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth of which he had been temporarily disconnected: “I am good.”
NABAJYOTISAIKIA, is a compliment used in South Africa and means: “I respect you, I cherish you. You matter to me.” In response, people say SHIKOBA, which is: “So, I exist for you.”
WHY ISN’T THIS A THING IN ALL CULTURES
some day I’m going to create a bingo card for these kinds of posts.
- vague mention of “Africa” and “African tribe” with no actual names of tribes, countries, or languages, because Africa is a country and everyone there is exactly the same obv: check.
- picture of smiling/emotional black people taken completely out of context: check.
- made-up “African” words with deep meanings: check.
- "noble savage" grossness out the wazoo: check.
this photo is a picture of Ghanaian boys playing soccer from Amen: Grassroots Football.
Initial googling says that Shikoba means “feather” in Choctaw, which would mean OP isn’t even on the right damn continent.
(When I look at Choctaw-English dictionaries, though, shikoba doesn’t show up at all; the word for feather seems to be “híshi.” “Shikobli” is a verb meaning “to put on a plume” so maybe there’s some conjugation or gerund going on here? I’d welcome any corrections from actual Choctaw speakers.)
Nabajyoti Saikia is someone’s name. OP just straight-up stole some poor Indian cement chemist’s name for their colonialist hippie bullshit.
Look at this dude. He didn’t spend years of his life writing a goddamn textbook on waste management strategies so that you could use his name to prop up this crock of shit. He’s disappointed in you. Do better.
This is some disgusting orientalistic bullshit, my god.
(via mygayshoes)Source: enigmatic-being
- janie43 reblogged this from tidalweaves
- janie43 likes this
- shadesofgoldglitter reblogged this from tidalweaves
- unfortunateinsomniac reblogged this from kayahh
- fritokal reblogged this from lonelysilverrain
- kayahh reblogged this from sincerelysaraaaa
- -plagues likes this
- tapati0 likes this
- elcycoirlanda reblogged this from missdanidaniels
- elcycoirlanda likes this
- farahismail likes this
- sincerelysaraaaa reblogged this from tidalweaves
- gentleonthedrugs-heavyonthelove likes this
- l0rdpizza reblogged this from tidalweaves
- tidalweaves reblogged this from balladoflove
- balladoflove reblogged this from vajoochie
- daisyyssss likes this
- carribean-princess reblogged this from lionheartedsubstance
- lionheartedsubstance reblogged this from tinymani
- aj-haro likes this
- stanford-cpp-fall-2014 reblogged this from birbrightsactivist and added:
- brianaleee likes this
- human-energy reblogged this from intrepid-explorer-laura
- mr-radical36 likes this
- armstotts reblogged this from the-doctors-consulting-detective
- thedoozer reblogged this from loverfightermusicmaker
- thedoozer likes this
- kvalve330 reblogged this from pinapple-jam
- kvalve330 likes this
- joofie reblogged this from dayzea
- sofiiecherii reblogged this from malos-suenos
- pumpeduppoof likes this
- pumpeduppoof reblogged this from sincerity-is-a-dangerous-thing
- malos-suenos reblogged this from meowinghumanunicorn
- meowinghumanunicorn reblogged this from bohemiandolly
- sincerity-is-a-dangerous-thing reblogged this from strawberrymojitosbtch
- girlnextdoors likes this
- thelabworkerbee reblogged this from genesis-prime
- insaneprecious likes this
- nighttrails reblogged this from pinapple-jam
- nighttrails likes this
- ladyofthesunshine reblogged this from pinapple-jam
- impropriety likes this
- loverfightermusicmaker reblogged this from pinapple-jam
- loverfightermusicmaker likes this
- gooodbyemylove reblogged this from pinapple-jam
- pinapple-jam reblogged this from thatzimbabweanchic
- thatzimbabweanchic reblogged this from secret-wish
- freeuntiltheycutmedwn reblogged this from tinynard